Alaska Travel

Alaska culture and History Travel Tour

Alaska is the largest state of the USA with an area of over 1.5 million square kilometers, or 1 / 5 the size of all 48 United States of North America and an area equal to 3.3 times that of France.
Alaska has a population of 610 000 people and its capital is Juneau (population 31 000).


Alaska has over 3 million freshwater lakes, including 94 with an area of over 250 square kilometers. More than 100,000 glaciers covering about 5% of any State or representing more than 60,000 square kilometers of ice carving valleys in the mountain.
3000 rivers, the largest river is the Yukon which has its source in Canada, the Yukon Territory, or the name of, and cut horizontally throughout the state of Alaska in two over a distance of 3676 km long.

The Yukon River following the mountain "Brooks Range and flows into the Bering Sea, south of the city of Nome.
2000 islands, and 1,800 islands have been identified. The largest is the island of Kodiak with over 9,000 square kilometers, situated south west of Cook Inlet.
The highest mountain of the entire North American continent is located right in the center of the state, in the Denali National Park. Mount McKinley is the sum of 6194 meters.

General History of the State of Alaska

The state of Alaska was purchased by President Andrew Jackson March 30 1867 to Tzar of Russia for the sum of $ 7.2 million, Russia wants to get rid of this land without value at the time because too too remote and difficult to use.
From 1872, after numerous trips by American explorers, gold was discovered near the town of Sitka, located on the southeast peninsula of Alaska, along the Canadian territory.

In 1878, the first plants up in boxes of salmon are located near the city of Sitka, which saw its economy grandire.
From 1897 to 1900, the discovery of gold in the Yukon Territories, Canada, will attract many explorers from all over the United States. This gold rush moves to climb to some indian village of Nome on the west coast of Alaska, and to discover gold on the beaches, so start the economy of the village.
Alaska will slowly grow until the beginning of the second World War, or the United States begin to develop military bases and construction of forts, roads and other infrastructure to prevent the Japanese to take possession of the territories.
This name is that in 1959, as Alaska was finally recognized as State of the United States, and not as a mere territory.
On 27 March 1964, the largest earthquake of foce 9.2 on the Richter scale, the "Good Friday Earthquake" hit the south central Alaska for more than 3 minutes. There are 131 victims and countless damage throughout.
In 1968, the largest discovery of oil and natural gas in American history is made in the Prudhoe Bay on the northern coast of Alaska.

In 1969, the grandiose project of construction of the oil through acqueduc entire state from north to south is deposited. A budget of over $ 900 million is being developed for the construction of 1280 km of aqueduct linking the city of Valdez Bay in Prince William Sound. The choice of the town of Valdez was placed on the fact that the bay of Prince William Sound remains completely free of ice all year. The construction began in 1974 and will take 3 years to complete the work. Ten pumping stations are spread over 1280 km of aqueduct of 1.05 meters in diameter, so as not to disfigure the landscape and natural geological, some sections will be buried or elevated to a height of 3 meters above the ground.

In 1979, President Jimmy Carter acquired 56 million acres of national land to create 17 new refuges and habitats to preserve and maintain the open spaces of Alaska àe; their wild state.
In 1980, the state of Alaska vote denial of income tax, and decides to repay the people of all income taxes collected previously in the form of annual dividends. In 1980, the state of Alaska vote denial of income tax, and decides to repay the people of all income taxes collected previously in the form of annual dividends. This decision is unique to the state of Alaska and is now part of the local economy. This decision is unique to the state of Alaska and is now part of the local economy. No other state in the United States can provide the equivalent. In addition, to offset the expension population, almost 80% of income from financial investments are distributed annually to all residents and the remaining 20% is reinvested to increase capital to provide primary bigger interest income each year. No other state in the United States can provide the equivalent. In addition, to offset the expension population, almost 80% of income from financial investments are distributed annually to all residents and the remaining 20% is reinvested in order to increasing the primary capital to procure larger interest income each year.
In 1989, the disaster of the tanker "Exxon Valdez" will cost the lives of many marine animals in the bay of Prince William Sound and will cover more than 288 kilometers of coastline. In 1989, the disaster of the tanker "Exxon Valdez" will cost the lives of many marine animals in the bay of Prince William Sound and will cover more than 288 kilometers of coastline. The biggest oil disaster in the world will take more than 2 ½ years of cleaning and several million dollars. The biggest oil disaster in the world will take more than 2 ½ years of cleaning and several million dollars.
It is also the year or record lowest temperatures are recorded and last for several weeks. The Soviet advantage to visit Alaska across the Bering Sea by dog sled. It is also the year or record lowest temperatures are recorded and last for several weeks. The Soviet opportunity to visit Alaska across the Bering Sea by dog sled.

In 1992, the Mount Spur érruption, on the northern coast of Cook Inlet, will send a huge cloud of hot ashes In 1992, the Mount Spur érruption, on the northern coast of Cook Inlet, will send a huge cloud of hot ash
the city of Anchorage, covering the city of 11 cm black ash. the city of Anchorage, covering the city of 11 cm black ash.
In 1996, in the region northeast of Anchorage, In 1996, in the region northeast of Anchorage,
the largest forest fire was near the homes north of Lake Big Lake
and destroyed more than 8.8 million in equipment, houses, infrastructure and roads ..... and destroyed more than 8.8 million in equipment, houses, infrastructure and roads





















8 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    this is nice article actually alaska is a very nice and wonderful place but it s very cold especially in winter


  2. Congrates!

    Thanks for the effort you took to expand upon this post so thoroughly.

    When it comes to adventure vacation deals, there actually are a number of different choices available to you. Find out more! Africa travel


  3. Definitely the right place in spending vacation while your place is on the summer season.


  4. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts.
    thank you…


  5. I wish more people would write blogs like this that come helpful to read. With the fluff floating around on the web, it is refreshing to learn a blog like yours instead.


  6. saim Says:

    I’m satisfied by the way you brought out ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    find doctor list


  7. You got numerous positive points there. I made a search on the issue and found nearly all peoples will agree with your blog.


  8. This is a very good blog and I like it a lot. This post is very well written. Thanks a lot for writing good quality posts.


Post a Comment